One of the most exciting highlights of the Joy Journeys Mekong Delta tour is the visit to Cai Rang Floating Market, the largest floating market in the region. Here, you’ll have the chance to witness firsthand the bustling activity of vendors and shoppers as they exchange goods and haggle for the best prices. With a maximum group size of 10 people, you can be sure that you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide and have plenty of opportunities to ask questions and interact with locals.
Joy Journeys also places a strong emphasis on supporting local communities and promoting sustainable tourism practices. By visiting local villages and participating in cultural activities like cooking classes, travelers have the opportunity to learn about and support the rich cultural heritage of the Mekong Delta. In addition, Joy Journeys partners with local guides and service providers to ensure that a fair share of the tour fees goes back into the local community.
What you'll do
THE EXPERIENCE OF THE BIGGEST FLOATING MARKET WITH COOKING CLASS.
Day 1: Sai Gon – Cai Be – Vinh Long – Can Tho
- Get picked-up at your accommodation in the city center and drive to Cai Be to take the boat trip on the river.
- Taste the local fruit, coconut juice on the boat.
- Visit local work – the handicraft with water hyacinth, banana leaf hammock.
- Visit the local taste of coconut candy, pop rice.
- Take the rowing boat in the small canal surrounding by mangroves.
- Have lunch at the local home.
- Highlights of the day is taking the long boat trip crossing the River of Tien to Vinh Long Province.
- Drive to Can Tho and overnight at Bamboo Eco Village Can Tho.
- Have dinner at the homestay village.
- Have a tropical double bed room with AC for a comfortable night.
Day 2: Can Tho – Cai Rang – Sai Gon
- Have the morning Vietnamese milk coffee and delicious breakfast (The scenery will not let you down).
- Take the boat trip to visit Cai Rang Floating Market, the biggest floating market in the Mekong.
- See how people trade and exchange their goods on the boat. Probably you might want another cup of
coffee to experience the feeling of purchasing on the local boat.
- Visit the rice noodle making shop on the river.
- Ride bicycle around the local village.
- Attend the cooking class for Vietnamese Pancake (bánh xèo) and DYI lunch.
- Say goodbye with great memories and love
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.