This tour is exclusive and ensuring that you receive unparalleled personalized service from our expert English-speaking guide.
Our tour takes you to visit the stunning Vinh Trang Pagoda, a 100-year-old temple that’s sure to take your breath away. As you embark on a relaxing cruise on the Mekong River from My Tho to Ben Tre, you’ll have the opportunity to experience the traditional rowing boat in the water coconut canal. The picturesque scenery is a feast for the eyes and will leave you spellbound.
During the tour, you’ll have the privilege to indulge in local honey, fresh fruits, and coconut candy, giving you a taste of the local culture. You’ll learn all about the fascinating life of bees, how they produce honey, and its importance to the region. After a scrumptious 5-course Southern Vietnamese set menu lunch with the cooking class. You’ll end your tour with a peaceful bicycle ride through the Mekong life, taking in the stunning scenery, breathing in the fresh air.
What you'll do
NEW ITINERARY WITH DEEPER UNDERSTANDING OF MEKONG LIFE – GUARANTEED MORE LOCALIZED!
- 7:00 AM – 7:30 AM | Get picked up at your city center’s accommodation to Mekong Delta, My Tho, Tien Giang Province.
- 9:30 AM | Drive past the freeway surrounding the rice paddy fields, where you can see and understand the rice culture of the Mekong Delta. You are visiting Vinh Trang Pagoda, the mix art of Roman – Cambodian – Vietnamese architecture.
- 10:00 AM | Get on the boat to visit the local life on Unicorn Island and understand the local work of growing fruit and having bees at home. Surely you will enjoy the cup of the local honeybee. Continue walking in the village to the fruit orchard. Taste the seasonal tropical fruit and enjoy the traditional Southern Vietnamese music performance (Đờn Ca Tài Tử).
- 11:00 AM | Highlight of the trip is a relaxing, peaceful calm rowing boat on the small canal of water coconut. Take another boat trip to the other side of the island to experience the floating fishing farm.
- 12:00 PM | Head to Ben Tre, the kingdom of coconut, to understand the local work of making coconut candy. Take one more boat trip or tuk-tuk to the local home for lunch. After lunch, riding a bicycle around the village or taking a nap on the hammock is optional.
- 2:00 PM | Get on the boat again to the boat station and head back to Saigon around 5:00 PM.
For a full refund, cancel at least 48 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.